I am already rather familiar with the selection tools in Photoshop so the initial selection assignment took me all but 10 minutes. Using the square selection tool, I made the 4 boxes at each corner of the 8inx8in image. Next, using the Polygon selection tool, I made the 'plus sign' within the 4 boxes. Using the 'subtract from selection' option and using the circle selection tool, I 'took out the middle' of the 'plus sign'. Using 'subtract from selection' with the Polygon selection tool allowed me to cut out the 4 triangles. Simply right clicking on the selection and pressing 'Fill' gave me the option to fill in everything at once. Easy peasy. Overall, this was a rather simple assignment but hands down it's one of the most useful things to learn in Photoshop. The ability to pick and choose what parts of an image you want to use is imperative for graphic design. As mentioned above, I am somewhat familiar with the selection tools in Photoshop (similiar to those in Gimp) so this was a nice 'refresher' for my memory.

I'll post the other assignment later today, still working on it.... the lighting of my 'mugshots' was a terrible match.
No comments:
Post a Comment